Monday, October 17, 2011

Future Bazaar - do we have a future together?

I have been a customer of www.futurebazaar.com the online site that has E-Zone, Big Bazaar etc. in Brick and Mortar Physical Stores too. My initial experiences were fairly good and they were reasonably responsive. However, recently I had a very negative experience with them regarding a small discount coupon that they issued to me welcoming me as a VISA Credit Card member - the coupon was issued to me on 3rd October 2011 but had an expiry date of 30th September 2011 - yes, the coupon was issued to me 3 days after it expired, and it seems that the software is responsible for this error. I thought the system would have automatically revalidated the expiry date and tried to use it, but no, the coupon was indeed dead 3 days earlier.

I took up the issue with futurebazaar.com support team and failed in making them admit their mistake (beyond the customary sorry) and redeem / revalidate the coupon or issue a new discount coupon for all my troubles. They write all nice things but they don't part with even one rupee.

I asked them to stop responding and wasting their time and my time unless they are responding positively with some concrete steps but no, they continue to write the same inane polite mails without doing any thing really substantial and I gave up.

I have now decided not to have any dealings with the Group, since the support team not only does not oblige us but also does not move up the complaint to the higher echelons. Their website too does not give any information about escalating customer complaints.

I would like you to share your own experiences, positive or negative about this group.

Yours

Swamy

No comments:

Post a Comment